The FCA will supervises and enforces its regulatory regime by providing a ‘credible deterrence' to firms. The FCA will achieve this credible deterrence by:
- bringing more enforcement cases and pressing for tough penalties for infringements of rules to reset conduct standards;
- pursuing more cases against individuals and holding members of senior management accountable for their actions;
- pursuing criminal prosecutions, including for insider dealing and market manipulation;
- taking action to tackle unauthorised businesses and
- continuing to prioritise getting compensation for consumers.
The FCA will focus its resource on firms, products or markets which carry the greatest potential consumer harm and where its intervention could most benefit consumers.