What is SAF Advanced?
SAF Advanced improves knowledge of automotive finance in the marketplace, and has been developed by the FLA and London Institute of Banking & Finance (formerly ifs University College) as a natural progression from the original SAF test. Launched in June 2015, it is formally known as the Certificate for Automotive Finance Specialists, (CertAutoFS), and candidates can see a full description on The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) website.
The benefits of SAF Advanced:
- Developed by motor finance experts for use in the industry, the syllabus covers the specific topics needed by those staff work with, manage and sell motor finance products.
- It provides a launch pad for any automotive professional looking to develop their career, whether they work for a dealership, finance provider or broker.
- As an accredited qualification, it meets the high standards required by the qualification regulator Ofqual.
- It represents a cost-effective training option for the candidate or employer.
- On successful completion of the course, graduates obtain a level 3 certificate (the equivalent of an A level) and receive ‘CertAutoFS’ after their name.
The learning material covers three core units:
- The automotive finance marketplace
- UK automotive finance regulation
- Customer service and management in an automotive finance environment
Candidates can study the material in their own time and have access to LIBF advisers should they have any questions. The two-hour multiple-choice exam is taken at any one of 150 driving test centres across the UK. From the point of registration candidates have one year to book and pass their tests. A SAF test pass is not mandatory before taking the advanced exam, but would provide a good foundation.
Who might find this qualification useful?
- Any individual working in an automotive finance environment
- Those who want to develop their careers in automotive finance
You can find out more about SAF Advanced, directly from those who have already gained the qualification, by viewing our case study section below.
Where can I find more information and register?
Visit the London Institute of Banking & Finance website.
To download a leaflet containing all of the case studies below please click here
“Our aim is for all Finance Managers to achieve this worthwhile qualification and thus ensure we can demonstrate a high level of competence for the benefit of our valued customers.”
David Stanton, Compliance Manager at Cargiant
“Our regulators won’t see trained and qualified people doing the right thing for customers as just a ‘nice to have’. CertAutoFS will help to show that we are committed to the right customer experience.”
Richard Jones, Managing Director of Black Horse Motor Finance
“CertAutoFS provides our employees and dealers with a thorough knowledge of relevant
products and business practices, and gives them the ability to sell with confidence that they are
safeguarding the customer’s interests. There is no other qualification so specifically tailored to
our industry, and over time I expect that CertAutoFS will become a benchmark for all motor finance
Alex Hughes, Managing Director of FCA Automotive Services UK