SAF Approved provides recognition for companies who have voluntarily put all of their customer facing staff, involved in the sale of motor finance, successfully through the SAF Expert test. SAF Approved status is an initiative primarily designed for dealer groups, but can also be achieved by lenders and brokers too.
What is the process?
1. Company registers an account for SAF Expert – their customer facing staff are entered into the system and receive login details to take the SAF Expert test.
2. ‘Eligible staff’ figure added – The total number of customer facing staff at the point of registration is added by the company’s SAF Expert administrator.
3. SAF Expert tests passed – once the number of test passes is equal to or exceeds the ‘eligible staff’ number the administrator is automatically e-mailed to say their company can apply to become SAF Approved.
4. Compliance statement completed and returned – the e-mail will contain a compliance statement form which companies must complete, sign and return to the FLA. By completing this form dealer groups agree to have regard to the spirit of the FLA’s Lending Code, ensuring they offer finance in a transparent and fair manner.
5. SAF Approved status achieved – a SAF Approved pack is issued to the company in the first year of achieving the accolade to promote to their customers that they are SAF Approved. This contains:
- A trophy
- SAF Expert badges
The company administrator can also download and use the SAF Approved logo on electronic communications from their SAF Expert test account pages.
For more information about SAF Approved please see the SAF Expert guide for administrators here.
Financing Your Car
Dealer groups also receive an entry on the Financing Your Car Dealer Directory. A website providing consumers with impartial information on motor finance.
More information on the SAF Expert test and SAF Approved can be found on our FAQs page.
SAF Approved guidance noteDownload